Update from the Malaga Courts: Rothschild finally submits defendant’s writ to the claim brought by victims of the tax-evading CreditSelect Loan.
The allegations contained therein could hardly be more implausible:
- That NM Rothschild & Sons has no relationship whatsoever with the advertising, only attributable to RBI (Rothschild Bank International). Now if we click on the above logo, it takes us a firm whose corporate website happens to be hosted by NM RothschildÂ website.
- That both are two distinct companies that do share the same name but are, nevertheless, separate entities, strange coincidence we’d say…
- That NM Rothschild & Sons intervention was that of being a ‘mere’ lender and consequently, is not responsible for the advertising promoted by RBI and as a result, cannot be sued (NM Rothschild tries to dissociate itself from RBI only to admit that the product was promoted by RBI and granted Â by NM Rothschild…can anyone make sense of this?).
- That the equity release product was created by Hamiltons Financial Services and Henry Woods Investment Management, and not NM Rothschild who, they insist, was a mere innocent lender.
- That the advertising fby RBI was backed by UrÃa & MenÃ©ndez, top Spanish law firm who in 2004, drafted a comprehensive tax report and has to therefore be deemed bona fide.
- That Mr. Nott’s affidavit is biased and consequently, untrue (showing great concern too in respect to Mr. Nott’s comment that Rothschild did provide financial advice).
- That whatever the advertising was- never mind the Spanish Tax Office- it was all true because a Uria & Menendez sanctioned it (aside from convenientlyÂ manipulating the report to avert responsibility).
- That the clients could not prove that they’d read the advertising! This very shameful allegation should embarass any person, let alone a 300-year old lender. As it happens, the laws are able to cope with even the most devious operators, such as Rothschild: read the term “Probatio Diabolica“.